Ethos and Values at Thorpe Church of England Primary
To provide a school where everyone will achieve academic and individual excellence, inspired by faith and love. We will provide a dynamic, exciting education for all, taught by confident, creative teachers, who understand each child in their class. Our children will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and values to live fulfilling lives.
As Learners in our school;
- children will develop a love of learning;
- children will learn to be resilient; take risks and make mistakes;
- children will receive outstanding, quality learning.
As individuals in our school;
- all will feel valued and value each other;
- our children will reach their full potential in body, mind and spirit.
As citizens in our school;
- children will develop qualities of respect, diversity, trust and inclusion.
- children will work in partnership and be part of a positive community.
All stakeholders will work together to build strong relationships to fulfil our Vision and Mission.
Faith, Love and Excellence
At Thorpe Church of England Primary School we aim to be a place where:
- Children are happy and safe.
- Children develop an understanding of their faith and a respect and tolerance for that of others in a Christian environment.
- Children develop true self esteem.
- Children are aware of how their actions may affect others.
- Children can learn to appreciate quality and beauty.
- We build upon children’s desire to learn and give them the life skills to achieve this.
- We look after everyone and everything
- We use kind hands, feet and words
- We always use good manners
- We always do good listening
- We always try our best
- We respect each other and ourselves
We have a friendly, dedicated team to provide the best possible start for your child’s education. We also make good use of our extensive grounds with an outside learning area for each class, a trim trail and a modern heated learner pool. To view a map of our school facilities, please view the PDF document below.
In order to view this PDF document you may need to install Adobe Reader.