Ethos and Values at Thorpe Church of England Primary
Everyone will flourish in our distinctively Christian school where adults and children are treated with dignity and respect. We will achieve academic, emotional and spiritual excellence, inspired by faith and love.
As learners we will be enquiring, self-motivated, resilient and desire excellence.
As individuals we will have a Godly sense of right and wrong and have the opportunity to explore and develop our faith.
As citizens we will develop love, confidence, discipline and enjoy contributing to our community and our world.
All stakeholders will work together to build strong relationships to fulfil our Vision and Mission.
Faith, Love and Excellence
At Thorpe Church of England Primary School we aim to be a place where:
- Children are happy and safe.
- Children develop an understanding of their faith and a respect and tolerance for that of others in a Christian environment.
- Children develop true self esteem.
- Children are aware of how their actions may affect others.
- Children can learn to appreciate quality and beauty.
- We build upon children’s desire to learn and give them the life skills to achieve this.
Shown by our actions and words.
- We look after each other and our school.
- We respect others and ourselves
- We tell the truth and learn from our mistakes.
- We try our best and don’t give up.
Our experienced, dedicated team provide the best possible start for your child’s education. We use current research to ensure we are up-to-date with effective teaching and learning strategies and our team undertake regular professional development. You know your child best and we welcome your views - our door is always open.
We ensure learning is relevant and purposeful and make good use of our outside learning areas, trim trail and a modern heated learner pool. To view a map of our school facilities, please view the PDF document below.
In order to view this PDF document you may need to install Adobe Reader.