This year we will continue to receive the Primary PE and Sports Premium. This is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue this funding until 2020.
As a school our aim is to use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer. This means that we need to use the premium to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers. Also to build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that we aim to meet when planning how to utilise the funding, these include:
• The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
• The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
• Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• Increased participation in competitive sport
Please find attached the Sports' Premium information for our school.